Pages

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Groomed

This is Jill. She's the manager of the hair salon where I get my hair cut. As Micah (pictured below), she also bartends at Five Star which is a great Asian restaurant with a couple of wicked good dishes, such as their heat seeker shrimp. When asked what she does on her free time, she replied: "what free time?". Not too much of a surprise considering a day and night   time job. I really like this salon, it's perfectly decorated, is eco friendly and they offer you tea, beer or wine while you wait. I may show up an hour early next time ;) Jill is #26 in my 100 strangers project.

This is Micah. He not only cuts my hair but he also serves as my local culture and entertainment compass. When he doesn't style hair, he works as a bartender and he definitely knows his way around town and has given me some great advice on everything from farmers markets to bourbon bars. I normally don't love having to chit chat while getting my hair cut but Micah is a solid guy and I actually look forward to my visits. Micah wasn't too keen on having his photo taken but he finally (and reluctantly) agreed. This picture is #25 in my 100 strangers project. 


No comments:

Post a Comment